The following Core Values are built around our commitment to public safety and offender rehabilitation and will guide our performance in carrying out our mission and pursuing our vision as a benchmark correctional system:
- We recognize the importance of our staff as being the Department of Corrections’ strength and major resource in achieving our objectives and commit to the continued training, recognition and retention of staff.
- We recognize that human relationships, which are principled, ethical and reasonable, are the cornerstone of our commitment to our mission.
- We recognize that the offender has the potential to live as a law-abiding citizen and we encourage the assuming of responsibility for one’s actions and reduction of future criminogenic risk.
- We are committed to developing partnerships throughout our communities to include victims, relevant groups, and public and private agencies.
- We recognize the importance of the community’s, the victim’s and the offender’s role in a successful criminal justice system and see this as essential to the achievement of our mission.